Friday, February 18, 2011

Process Reflection #1.

  I think that this week I accomplished a lot. I got about 4 pieces done. All of them were made with spray paint. I've never really worked with spray paint much before, but I decided to go out on a limb and try it. So far I have really enjoyed experimenting with different uses. I think that the biggest challenge I've faced with my independent project so far is really understanding where I'm going with all of this work. Also when I start a piece I don't like to stop but sometimes I have to back off and realize that it might have enough already.  I'm not sure what my next steps are, I'll probably just keep coming up with ideas and keep making them.

1 comment:

  1. This idea of knowing when to stop...that's pretty sophisticated stuff. It might be something you spend years and years figuring out. The work you've been doing is really beautiful and quite innovative. Sometimes figuring out the next step involves laying the work out and studying it to see what part of the project you want to investigate further and what you've already figured out. Sometimes writing about that is good. More blogging please?

    ReplyDelete