Sunday, February 13, 2011

Initial Reflection

 I think that I have grown a lot over the course of this art class. I've really learned to appreciate artistic talent. I think that my greatest strength as an artist is probably getting an idea. I don't really need to do much brainstorming usually, I like to just jump into things as soon as I hear the project. Technically I think that my ability to make art with different mediums is a pretty good strength, also my drawing as well. I think that my biggest challenge when I'm making art is sometimes I can try to be a perfectionist, and I can get upset when something does not go the way I wanted it too. I also think that clay is a challenge for me, I do not have the patience for it at all. I think that this class has impacted me tremendously, I never thought that I could enjoy art so much. This year in art has been a great outlet of emotions for me. I'm leaving this class with a new perspective on what I can do, before this class I never thought that I might actually want to go somewhere with art, and now I'm thinking I might want to take art in college.

2 comments:

  1. I would agree with this assessment John. I'm wondering where reflection might enter into your process. I agree that doing too much brainstorming slows you down in a way that is not good for you, but at what point do you step back and look at what you've done as a way to help you and your work grow and progress?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that I do take time after I finish a piece of art, to look at it and examine what I have accomplish. Then when I am creating my next piece I look at what I maybe could have done better on the last piece and try to make sure I don't make the same mistake. Sometimes it means taking more time to think about a piece.

    ReplyDelete